New York Blintzes – did you ever try? If not – you have to. Here in Switzerland we know Omelettes and Crêpes. Pancakes from the States as well – but I’ve never tried a NY blini. I have this wonderful cookbook of Cynthia Barcomi. She’s american but lives in Beriln now. I love her recipes and whatever I’ve tried it turned out delicious! So here another delicious recipe from here – mentioned as breakfast – my little sister and I cooked it for dinner – NY blinis as it bests!
- 3 big eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 105g flour
- 325ml milk
- 15g butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- cinnamon / sugar mix
- fresh berries
- curd, sour cream or nature joghurt
How to make it
This recipe is for ca. 18 Blinis – we made just the half of it. It’s sooo delicious and you’re totally free in filling it with what u like the most. My little sister loves Nutella and a sugar/cinnamon mix. I prefer fresh berries with curd or nature joghurt.
- Mix everything for the dough.
- Take a fry pan and give in some butter. Melt the butter and give 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture in it. Just enough that the pan is covered.
- Fry goldbrown on one side. Take it out and do the same with the next one.
- As soon as you’ve fried all of them can we go on with the fillings.
- Take one of the blinis and put it back into the pan. Give some of your fav filling (just 1-2 tablespoons) and fold the blini just that it’s a little square at the end. Fry again so you’ll have fried both sides. Do the same with all the others & enjoy.
My little sister loved the blinis! I love these chillings sunday afternoons – making Blinis, baking swedish delicious treats, listening to fun music, dancing around and watching a movie at the end – life is wonderful!