So… today I decided to make a something of my new book “BAKED – New Frontiers in baking” by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafatio. Actually I wanted to make some Cookies – but my little sister prefers Brownies. So… here we go:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperatur
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350°C degrees F. Butter the sides and bottom of a 9-by-13-inch glass or light-colored metal baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Put the chocolate, butter, and instant espresso powder in a large bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Turn off the heat, but keep the bowl over the water and add the sugars. Whisk until completely combined, then remove the bowl from the pan. The mixture should be room temperature.
- Add 3 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it. Let the brownies cool completely, then cut them into squares and serve.
- Tightly covered with plastic wrap, the brownies keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.
sounds and looks delicious .. Laila .. http://limeandlemon.wordpress.com