Sunday, 10.30 am… I’m hungry.. but omg… just some normal cornflakes for such a sunny day – no chance! Looking…what do we have? Some wholemeal…butter…eggs, yeast, sugar…. nuts… wow.. that’s perfect… enough to make some delicious gems!!
– 500g flour (whole grain) (actually I didn’t had 500g whole grain flour – so I took 250g all-purpose flour and 250g whole grain)– 42g yeast or 16g dry yeast- 250ml milk, room temperature- 1 egg- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey- 100g butter- (wal-) nuts (as much as you like)– raisins… (as much as you like)
1. Add flour in a bowl. Make a scrape.
2. Dissolve the yeast with some milk and give it to the scrape. Cover up and set aside for 20 minutes.
3. Chop the nuts.
4. Take the flour-yeast mix after 20 minutes and knead it with the milk, butter, sugar, egg, nuts and raisins. Form some gems. Put on a buttered baking-tin, cover up and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. (200°C).
6. Awesome with selfmade confiture, cheese, butter or with strawberrybutter (look at my pancake with crushed apple-recipe).
7. Enjoy! 🙂