In the mood for a light and oriental dish? Then try this veggie couscous recipe (add some roasted chicken if you like). It’s so easy and quick to make.
We (Rahel, Laura & I) cooked it yesterday at Lauras place. It was a wonderful evening with a lot of laughing (we looked at some old pictures of us three – always funny and crazy to see how we changed).
(P.s…. take a look at the photo with the painting… stunning isn’t it? Laura’s mom made it! I’m so jealous!)
Ingredients for 4
- 250g Couscous
- 3 cups hot vegetable stock
- 2 onions, chop and saute
- 2 zucchinis (all veggies cleaned and cubed or slices)
- 1 aubergine (ca. 300g)
- 300g tomatoes
- 500g natural yogurt
- salt & pepper
- a bunch of parsley
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- lemon zest
- Ajvar (relish made from red bell peppers – originates in the Serbian kitchen)
- cayenne pepper
- Saute onions with olive oil until golden brown.
- Add zucchinis, aubergine, carrots, champignons and tomatoes.
- Sautee just barely tender for a couple of minutes.
- Add spices, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan, cover the couscous with the broth. Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat and allow to sit for a couple minutes, until couscous becomes light and fluffly.
- Pure the couscous, mint, parsley and butter over the veggies, mix and serve hot.
- Flavour the yogurt generously with lemon zest – & juice, salt, pepper, Ajvar, cayenne pepper, paprika and parsley. Serve with the couscous.