yeees i’m back in Switzerland! We had a great time in Hong Kong! We had the opportunity to explore so many things! Markets, shops, restaurants, “big buddha”, skyline, boat trips, islands, coffee shops, cupcake party etc… Hong Kong is an amazing, huuuge city where you can find ANYthing that you need and definitely never need! So the trip was vacations and an inspiration in many ways in the same! As I said we had the opportunity to go to a cupcakeparty by “Complete Deelite” (more about this company… later) and to try food, which we’ve never seen before! Of course I’d like to show you some photos.. but I toook so many.. so I’ll show you step by step.
Either I didn’t bake there… come on … I had actually better things to do in this city *g* but we cooked together…
…and this is my first recipe! Fresh from Hong Kong to your kitchen! (omg..it’s soo delicious.. became one of my favourite soups! and the prawns in it.. omg.. if you like seafood.. you will LOVE this!)
We bought all the ingredients on the markets and so they were as fresh as possible. So.. my friend in Hong Kong learned to cook this soup in a thailand cookclass. There are not any exactly measures… just take as much as you want of every ingredient. Add them always in the groups… some of it need more time to cook… so.. start and believe me.. it’s the BEST soup I’ve ever had! If you don’t like Seafood.. leave the king prawns out!
Tom Yam Koong (prawn soup)
– coconut milk, 2 cans
– lemongrass, cut roughly
– lime leaves, cut roughly
– galanca, cut in slices
– ca. 7 onions (shallots) whole, but crushed
– thai chili paste
– Bouillon cubes (chicken)
– a fey tomatos (cherry) whole
– button mushrooms (half)
– brown sugar
– king prawns (catty), peel it
– chili (about 4 or more if you like it very hot)
– pak chi falang, cut coarsely
– coriander, cut coarsely
– lime juice
1. Heating up 1 1/2 cans of coconut milk.
2. Pour lemongrass, Galanca, onions, lime leaves
3. Add 2 tbl. Chili paste
4. Let it boil and add ca 1 glass of water, or more if you like a lighter soup
5. Add 2 cubes of bouillon.
6. Add whole cherry tomato, let boil for ca 10min.
7. Add mushrooms and brown sugar (1 Tsp.)
8. Add chili (cut coarsely) and prawns.
9. Add Coriander and pack falang.
10. Add a little lime juice