What a weekend…! Wow… I bake Lemon Cupcakes, New York Cheesecake, Pancakes and a wholemeal bread. But first start with the Lemon Cupcakes. My mum said yesterday: “How would it be if you make a lemon-cake?!”… Ya.. of course why not… but come on… a normal lemon-cake? How boooring! So I decided to make some delicious lemon cupcakes! They’re really fantastic and ya… my mum’s saying: “These are some of the best cupcakes that you’ve ever baken.” … So… if my mum says it… *g*… As probably the most cupcakes…it’s very easy to make… quickly.. and ya.. tastes delicious! So let’s go!
The Ingredients for 28 cupcakes (big ones) Cupcakes
– 3 1/2 cups (390g) all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup (225g) butter, softened
– 1 1/2 cups (340g) granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 3 eggs
– 2 (8-ounce/225g) cartons dairy sour cream
– 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
– 3 tablespoons (42g) butter, softened
– 1 cup (110g) sifted powdered sugar
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 1/4 cups (140g) sifted powdered sugar
– milk (2 to 3 teaspoons if necessary)
– 1 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
– lime slices and some lime peel
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 28 muffin cups (if you have 2 baking-tins) with paper bake cups; set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat butter with 1 cup (110g)powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Gradually beat in additional 1 1/4 cups (140g) powdered sugar. If necessary, beat in enough additional milk (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make of spreading consistency. Stir in shredded lemon peel. Daub your cupcakes with the frosting. If you want you can decorate it with some lime-slices and lime-peel.