So…. if you were ever in Switzerland you may now the Luxemburgerli of Sprüngli! You really have to try them… they’re amaziiing! My favourite one is “Maracuja”…but there also other species like chocolate, vanille, caramel, champagner, strawberry,….! So… the recipe of these Luxemburgerli is secret…. either! But I found an other one in the internet and so I thought… ya… just try it! Of course they’re not as good as the original… but ya… better than nothing. 😉
And so I tried to “bake” them… It’s not as difficult as it looks like! You need just enough time..!
So… first you need the different ingredients for the “dough“…
– 4 egg white
– 175g sugar
– 50g kibbled almonds
– 1 pack (8g) vanille sugar
– 1 soup spoon cocoa
Then… these are the ingredients for the filling:
– 100g butter
– 50g powdered sugar
– 2 egg yolk
– 50g chocolate
– juice and paring of a 1/2 lime
the ingredients for the topping of the lime-luxemburgerli
– 50g powdered sugar
– 1 tea spoon egg white
– some food coloring (if u want)
So… got everything? Let’s go…
1. Whisk the egg white stiff.
2. Add the sugar by and by.
3. Fold in the almonds and vanille sugar.
4. Cut the mass in half and add to one half the cocoa.
5. Put a baking paper to your try.
6. Splash the “dough” with an icing bag (size 4) to the tray.
7. Put the biscuits to oven (top-/bottom heat – 75°C) for about 2 hours. Leave the oven for a little ajar. (Put a wooden spoon in between).
For the filling
1. Stir the butter creamy.
2. Screen the powdered sugar and stir it with the egg yolk to the butter.
3. Cut the mass in half.
4. Melt the chocolate in a hot water bowl and add it to one half.
5. Add the lime juice with the paring to the other half.
6. Piece the dark biscuits with the chocolate-filling together and if you want you can pollinate with some cocoa.
7. Piece the bright biscuits with the lime-filling together.
8. Mix the powdered sugar with the egg white and food coloring (I also add some lime-juice) and decorate the lime-biscuits with this. (just if you want…!)
9. U should put the Luxemburerli to the fridge…. just take them out if you want to eat one… otherwise they get smooth… Eat them at the same day…!