Ya…I really love these Cantuccini’s from italy! They’re awesome with a Latte Macchiatto! Coffee, milk froth and a cantuccini…!!! These are so easy to make and they taste delicious! Try it!
– 1 orange
– 200g hazel nuts
– 400g flour
– 1 dash salt
– 1/2 pack (4g) baking soda
– 1 pack (8g) vanille sugar
– 250g sugar
– 4 eggs
– 1 yolk (yellow of an egg)
1. Wash and dry the orange. Abrade the peel and press out the fruit. Chop the hazel nuts and roast them without fat or oil in a pan.
2. Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, vanille sugar and sugar in a bowl.
3. Add the eggs, the peel of the orange ans 1-2 soup spoonsof the pressed orange juice by and by and mix all to a dough. Add the hazel nuts. (It’s easier the mix the whole thing with fingers then with a mixer).
4. Make 2 roles with a diameter about 6cm and lay it down to a tray. Flatten it & spread it with the yolk.
5. Bake the dough in the hot oven for 15 minutes. Take it out and spread it with the rest of the orange juice. Cut pieces of like 1cm. Lay them on the tray and bake them for 8 minutes. Take them out – reverse all and bake them again for 8 min. Till they’re crunchy. ENJOY! 🙂
for 30-50 pieces, 30 min. to make, 25-30 min. to bake
Bake: 180°C top-/bottom heat, circulating air oven 160°C, gas level 2-3